Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Ignorance

If there is one thing that annoys me, it's ignorance.
I don't understand people who are happy to be ignorant. I don't understand how people recognize their ignorance and accept it. I nearly admire them for their ability to accept it. But what I don't understand is why people don't try and rectify their ignorance? Is it not better to have the ability to hold an intelligent conversation with someone and not feel ignorant or unintelligent? To at least have a basic, general knowledge of a subject than none at all? Why don't people try? I guess it could be that it is easier to not know, the old cliche that ignorance is bliss.
For me, ignorance is not bliss. If you're going to live in this society, why not do it properly? Why not take the time to use the language properly, and if you don't know how, learn. Our ability to learn and change is what set us apart from the Neanderthals. Why not make use of it? 
You could say that it's all very well and good for me to sit here and say this, a 16 year old sitting on her computer being self important. You know, I'm aware that this could come off as very self important, but I'm really not trying to be. 

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly how you feel! This is one of my major pet peeves.

    ReplyDelete